{{Quickfixn}} SSL help

Ravi Arcot ravi at kynex.com
Wed Jun 10 10:35:06 PDT 2020

The following settings in the initiator.cfg worked for us.

SSLEnable=Y
SSLProtocols=Tls12
SSLValidateCertificates=N
SSLCheckCertificateRevocation=N
SSLCertificate=Pathname for the .pfx file
SSLCertificatePassword=Password provided by the entity generating the certificate

We did have success with .pem file in stunnel config but prefer the initiator.cfg to do the job and keep the config in one place and avoid an additional moving part.

We were not very successful with other parameter values in initiator config due to interference with windows OS. The most troubling is saying not to validate certificate and we chose to live with it and avoid aggravation with windows settings.

Best

Ravi Arcot

The information in this e-mail message may be privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please e-mail the sender and delete all copies. Thank you.