{{Quickfixn}} ToAdmin sent before cracking

Grant Birchmeier gbirchmeier at connamara.com
Wed Apr 29 07:19:13 PDT 2015

If the transport layer doesn't like your message, then your application
will never see it.  The engine doesn't pass bad messages to your
application.

If "the engine doesn't like it", then either the message is bad or you have
misconfigured your app.

A repeat-tag error usually implies a DataDictionary problem.

Make sure the following is in your config:
  UseDataDictionary=Y
  DataDictionary=path/to/your/DD.xml

Make sure you've modified your DD xml file to match your FIX interface
provider's documentation.  They've probably added/modified fields in
multiple messages.

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 5:58 AM, xmoon 2000 <xmoon2000 at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to subscribe to MarketData SnapShot full refresh.
>
> I can see data message 35=W coming in from an established API, but I
> cannot catch it in either FromApp or FromAdmin.
>
> The quick fix engine is immediately finding something wrong with the
> message (repeat tags) and is sending an automatic error message to API
> via ToAdmin, But I suspect message is OK, it is just the engine
> doesn't like it.
>
> It never gets chance to get cracked. Why is this happening?

*Connamara Systems, LLC*
*Made-To-Measure Trading Solutions.*