{{Quickfixn}} QuickFix/n ->C# Forms and C# await

ringbretson at keplp.com ringbretson at keplp.com
Tue Mar 7 13:49:45 PST 2023

Hi:

I've used the Quickfix simpleacceptor and trade client examples to create a
C# process that extracts SecurityDefinitions and Trades from the ICE test
system.

The security definitions need to be extracted via several commands each with
a different code reflecting a different type to definition. The commands to
do this have been placed in the Run function and are shown below.

QuerySecurityDefinitionRequest("0");

QuerySecurityDefinitionRequest("1");

QuerySecurityDefinitionRequest("44");

I believe the commands are not working because they are run before the logon
command has finished.

Does anybody have a method of waiting for Logon and SecurityDefinition

I've tried to use the await command but I can't seem to make it work, and
Thread.Sleep() just waits a specified interval rather than waiting for the
response to be complete.

The other problem I have is that I'd like to use C# windows Forms to track
information from the various requests.  I've tried putting a new C# form
object into the Trade Client workspace but I can't reference the functions
within the initiator app.  I also tried putting "using System.Windows.Forms"
into the initiator app and I get the following error.

"InitiatorApp does not implement interface member IApplication.From
Admin(Message,SessionID)

Any help or examples would be great.