{{Quickfixn}} Field 35 not found when connecting using FIX.5.0SP2

Francis Gingras francis at collective2.com
Tue Nov 8 09:35:35 PST 2022

Yes I agree with your observation.

I've been using QF for about 15 years and it's a great tool. The last time
I recompiled QF 1.10 using the Ruby tool was a year ago to add some custom
fields to 4.2.

The build works well with < FIX 5.0, but this is the first time I tried 5.0
since 2016. I will rebuild it today to see if I get different behavior and
report back.

Francis

-------------------------

(Is QuickFix/n 1.10*.1*.0 a typo?  The latest is just 1.10.0)

This is weird.  It looks like this is happening when your app tries to
construct and send the logon message to the counterparty.  Do you agree
with that observation?

If that is correct, then the MessageCracker is not to blame-- it's not even
used yet when this error occurs.  If your app doesn't send a Logon, then
the counterparty won't send a Logon back or any other messages, so there's
nothing to crack.

I'm a little stumped as to why this could happen.  This whole process
should be happening internally in the engine.  (I'm not even sure how a dev
could doink it up with weird app code.)

Let me ask around.  Please reply if you get any other ideas.