{{Quickfixn}} Problem with quickfix 4.2 and multiLegReportingType

Miguel Angel Torres mikitowers at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 11:33:38 PST 2022

Hi everybody,
I sent a email last week about send order with legs with fix 4.2. I was
investigating about it, there is a property MultiLegReportingType at
documentation fix 4.2, the code is 442 and it indicates the type of
instrument the Execution Report refers to. Used with multi-leg securities
such as, Options Strategies, Spreads, etc.

Using this property at quickfix 4.2 I can' t set to the NewOrderSingle
because the attribute MultiLegReportingTye isn't at NewOrderSingle class
but it's present at QuickFix.Fields.

For example:
QuickFix.FIX42.NewOrderSingle orden = new QuickFix.FIX42.NewOrderSingle(
                               new QuickFix.Fields.ClOrdID("1"),
                               new QuickFix.Fields.HandlInst(1),
                               new QuickFix.Fields.Symbol("AAL"),
                               new
QuickFix.Fields.Side(QuickFix.Fields.Side.BUY),
                               new
QuickFix.Fields.TransactTime(DateTime.Now),
                               new
QuickFix.Fields.OrdType(QuickFix.Fields.OrdType.MARKET)
  );
  orden.Set(new QuickFix.Fields.MultiLegReportingType('3'));

The error is here:
CS1503: argument 1 can't convert  from
QuickFix.Fields.MultiLegReportingType to QuickFix.Fields.ClOrdID

I don't know how solve it, if anyone have any idea about the solution
please answer me. I will continue investigating about it.

Thanks for all.
Best regards.

--
::Miguel Angel Torres Pado::