{{Quickfixn}} FromAdmin been called when receiving custom messages

Ados Vsmm adosvsmm at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 09:20:40 PST 2021

Thanks!

Em quarta-feira, 27 de janeiro de 2021, Grant Birchmeier <
gbirchmeier at connamara.com> escreveu:
> In the default FIX message dictionary, "n" is actually an admin message
type (XMLnonFIX message).
> If your counterparty had picked any letter/number not in "0A12345n,"
you'd be fine.  But they picked "n".

> In the QF/n code, the list of admin messages is hardcoded, because we
don't expect counterparties to mess with those types.  And in our defense,
they usually don't.

http://github.com/connamara/quickfixn/blob/master/QuickFIXn/Message/Message.cs#L118-L121

> "Should I just check for this message type in FromAdmin and call Crack()
when I find it?"
> Yep, I think this would be a perfectly fine way to workaround it.
Alternately, you can hack the source and take the "n" out of the function
that I linked above and rebuild the engine, but I wouldn't do that if I was
in your shoes :)

> -Grant
>
> On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 12:15 PM Ados Vsmm <adosvsmm at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> We are configuring a fix connection with a new couterparty, and this CP
uses a custom message, when receiving this custom messages I get FromAdmin
been called instead of FromApp which is where a call Crack(), they have
provided us the DD, it seems right to me:

>> <messages>
>> <message name="CustomMessage" msgtype="n" msgcat="app">
>>
>> <fields>
>> <filed number="35" name="MsgType" type="STRING">
>> <value enum="n" description="XML_NO" />
>>
>> Can someone please confirm if this is the expected behavior for custom
messages? Should I just check for this message type in FromAdmin and call
Crack() when I find it?

>> Fix version is 4.4 and we're using Quickfix 1.8.0
>>
>> Thanks _______________________________________________
>> Quickfixn mailing list
>> Quickfixn at lists.quickfixn.com
>

> --
> Grant Birchmeier
> Connamara Systems, LLC
> Made-To-Measure Trading Solutions.
> Exactly what you need. No more. No less.
> http://connamara.com
>
> This email, along with any attachments, is confidential. If you believe
you received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately
and delete all copies of the message. Thank you from Connamara Systems,
LLC.