{{Quickfixn}} Custom Dictionaries - how can I make them active?

alancloughley at hotmail.com alancloughley at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 4 06:38:44 PST 2021

Hi,

I'm getting to grips with building my own QF app however I am having some
problems when it comes to using XML Dictionaries.

My broker provides a custom dictionary in xml format, this is required
because it contains message types that are not standard. In my QFapp's cfg
file I point it towards the brokers xml dictionary however my app seems to
still just be using the standard Fix44 xml, I cannot reference any of the
custom message types listed in the brokers xml filw. I noticed that along
with the standard FIX44 xml file, there is also a fix44.dll file that gets
referenced in my app. So, in order to use my brokers xml dictionary is there
a step I need to take to turn the brokers xml file into into a dll file
first? If that is the case, how do I build the dictionary dll file? Also,
just for my better understanding of the whole process, currently I reference
the standard fix44.dll in my app, however in my cfg file, I reference the
brokers xml dictionary, I am just wandering what is actually happening if my
cfg file is pointing towards an xml dictionary that doesn't appear to be in
use by the app?

Thanks

Al