{{Quickfixn}} Rejecting Invalid message

Mike Gatny mgatny at connamara.com
Mon Nov 2 07:24:11 PST 2020

In your code, you are trying to get a field that is not present on the
message.  You either need to 1) catch the FieldNotFound exception, or 2)
check whether the field is set before trying to get it.  If you don't do
one of those two things, qf/n will handle the FieldNotFound exception by
sending BusinessMessageReject (35=j), as you have seen.

--
Mike Gatny
Connamara Systems

On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 12:56 PM sagar kohli <sagar.kkohli at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My dictionary was working correctly, and now started receiving error
> "Rejecting invalid message, field not found: field not found for tag: 802".
> I can see the field added to my dictionary NoPartySubIDs and is of type
> numinggroup and is part of my executionreport message. Not sure what's the
> possible cause for this.
>
> Already set
>
> UseDataDictionary=Y
> ValidateFieldOutOfOrder=N
>
> Need help.
>
> Regards
> Sagar Kohli

This email, along with any attachments, is confidential. If you believe you
received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and
delete all copies of the message. Thank you from Connamara Systems, LLC.