{{Quickfixn}} Handling Security Definitions

Mike Gatny mgatny at connamara.com
Wed Sep 30 14:30:38 PDT 2020

If you compare the entry in quickfixn's messages log to the string you are
parsing off your message queue, are they identical?  If not, how do they
differ?

--
Mike Gatny
Connamara Systems

On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 5:16 PM Veduruparthi Raju <rveduruparthi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to implement the SecurityDefinitions and as part of it I am
> making a SecurityDefinitionRequest (35=c) subscription and I am receiving
> the SecurityDefinitions (35=d)
> Each security definition is huge and is a batch of 100 underlyings. I am
> trying to parse these security definitions and unfortunately running into
> the below exception, which obviously tells me that the message length is
> too long.
> I am using the Quick version 4.4 and the latest dll of 1.9 version.
>
> The onMessage callback of the SecDef receives the original message as
> pasted below and we are pushing that to a message queue as a string and
> there is a handler class where we process that message converting back from
> string to the SecurityDefinition Object  using the below syntax, where
> requestMessage is the original sec def message from the OnMessage
>
> var message = new SecurityDefinition();
>  message.FromString(requestMessage, true, dataDictionary, dataDictionary,
> _defaultMsgFactory);
>

> *Invalid message: Expected BodyLength=4012, Received BodyLength=53970,
> Message.SeqNum=6*
>
> The below is one of the original SefDef..
> Please advise how to handle security definitions.
>

> Thanks,
> --Raju.v

This email, along with any attachments, is confidential. If you believe you
received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and
delete all copies of the message. Thank you from Connamara Systems, LLC.