{{Quickfixn}} (no subject)

Grant Birchmeier gbirchmeier at connamara.com
Tue Jun 23 14:41:06 PDT 2020

I have never used VB, but it only took me a quick search to find out that
VB needs to use "Implements" for interfaces instead of "Inherits".
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/visual-basic/programming-guide/language-features/interfaces/walkthrough-creating-and-implementing-interfaces

I think using the code converter is not a good approach.  As a VB
developer, I suspect this won't be the last time you'll need to
interface with C# libraries, so you might as well learn how to do that
conversion yourself.  The code you converted isn't terribly complex.

-Grant

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 4:33 PM Wayne Kaplan <
wkaplan at financialnortheastern.com> wrote:

> I got the following code from
> http://quickfixn.org/tutorial/creating-an-application.html (Converted to
> VB.Net from https://converter.telerik.com/)
>

> I get the following error “Classes can inherit only from other classes”
>  from the line of code “Inherits IApplication”
>
> The issue is QuickFix.IApplication is an Interface not a class
>

> Public Class MyQuickFixApp
>

>     Inherits IApplication
>

>     Public Sub FromApp(ByVal msg As Message, ByVal sessionID As SessionID)
>
>     End Sub
>

>     Public Sub OnCreate(ByVal sessionID As SessionID)
>
>     End Sub
>

>     Public Sub OnLogout(ByVal sessionID As SessionID)
>
>     End Sub
>

>     Public Sub OnLogon(ByVal sessionID As SessionID)
>
>     End Sub
>

>     Public Sub FromAdmin(ByVal msg As Message, ByVal sessionID As
> SessionID)
>
>     End Sub
>

>     Public Sub ToAdmin(ByVal msg As Message, ByVal sessionID As SessionID)
>
>     End Sub
>

>     Public Sub ToApp(ByVal msg As Message, ByVal sessionID As SessionID)
>
>     End Sub
>
> End Class

*Connamara Systems, LLC*
*Made-To-Measure Trading Solutions.*

This email, along with any attachments, is confidential. If you believe you
received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and
delete all copies of the message. Thank you from Connamara Systems, LLC.