{{Quickfixn}} Unsupported Message Type

Grant Birchmeier gbirchmeier at connamara.com
Thu Jun 18 08:50:43 PDT 2020

I think you need to capitalize the initial "o" in OnMessage.

Normally case-sensitivity wouldn't matter in VB, but in this case, there's
some internal C# code reflection that's literally looking for the exact
string "OnMessage".

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 10:40 AM Nate Kershner <nathaneleven at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm working on upgrading a VB.NET application from Quickfix.net 1.0.3 to
> the latest code on github (even newer than the published v1.9.0 because I
> need a method implemented since then). Obviously a pretty major upgrade.
> After making the necessary changes, I'm receiving an "Unsupported Message
> Type" error from the cracker when I attempt to send in a
> FIX42.NewOrderSingle. I've looked through every similar issue I can find on
> every forum and the issue is usually that it's not handling that particular
> message type, but best I can tell I am handling the exact type, so I'm not
> sure what the problem is:
>
>     Public Sub onMessage(ByVal message As FIX42.NewOrderSingle, ByVal session As QuickFix.SessionID)
>         RaiseEvent Up2OMS_NewOrderSingle(message, session)
>     End Sub
>
> I'm using the out of the box spec files too. Any ideas or is there any way
> I can debug the issue? What other info/code/config can I provide that would
> be of use?

*Connamara Systems, LLC*
*Made-To-Measure Trading Solutions.*

This email, along with any attachments, is confidential. If you believe you
received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and
delete all copies of the message. Thank you from Connamara Systems, LLC.