{{Quickfixn}} Reg: Quick Fix vs ICE Tag Name Mismatch - tag# 305 - Fix44.XML

SPoolla at nisource.com SPoolla at nisource.com
Fri Nov 22 07:05:48 PST 2019

Dear Team,

We are using the Quick Fix implementation in our application to interface
with Intercontinental Exchange(ICE) to capture gas trades. We have
identified that there is a mismatch for tag# 305 between Fix44.xml and ICE
protocol.

In Fix44.xml, the tag#305 is named as UnderlyingSecurityIDSource versus
UnderlyingIDSource ICE protocol. The application gives a error validation
and sends the below response back to ICE due to this mismatch. We have
tried updating the Fix44.xml in our application with name that matches ICE
protocols, but still no luck.

49=****| 52=20191119-15:41:06.957 | 56=ICE | 45=2 | 58=Tag not defined for
this message type | 371=305 | 372=d

Kindly suggest a fix for the above scenario. Thanks much in advance!!

Thanks,
Avinash