{{Quickfixn}} to everyone asking about NuGet

Grant Birchmeier gbirchmeier at connamara.com
Tue Nov 19 08:31:05 PST 2019

Hi all,

Getting quite a few questions about NuGet recently, so I'm going to give
some answers here.

First, a point of clarification:  *We have never released a NuGet
package.  *That one you found?  It's unofficial.  Someone else made that.
That other one?  Not us either.

*Will we ever release a NuGet package?*  Yes.  The demand is clear.  We
will release a 1.9.0 when we can find the time for it.  (Reminder: we don't
get paid for this, so it takes a back seat to other clients.)

*But how do I use 1.9.0 right now?*  You do it the old fashioned way:
download the dlls from QuickFIXn.org.

*Should I build it from source?*  Honestly, that's my recommendation if
you're experienced with QF/n.  Since, in practice, every FIX interface's DD
is customized, I think everyone should regenerate the source from their DD
and make a custom build with typesafe field accessors.

*However, building is not as easy as it should be:*  And I want to fix
that.  The codegen uses Ruby 1.9.  It's somewhat embarrassing to ask .NET
devs to install a stupid-old version of Ruby to generate C# code.  By the
time Spring hits, I hope to release a C#-based codegen tool to do this, and
I will start adding docs for codegen instructions and pointers.

*But how about that NuGet?*  Yeah, we heard you.  We'll get there.

Thanks for your patience
-Grant

*Connamara Systems, LLC*
*Made-To-Measure Trading Solutions.*