{{Quickfixn}} Using Tls 1.2 with QuickFix/n [External]

Somanathannair, Sujith Sujith.Somanathannair at Blackstone.com
Fri May 31 14:13:11 PDT 2019

Bloomberg said it should be Tls 1.2 and we are not sending that.
But I also tried Tls 1.3 with no success

.cfg file
----------------
[DEFAULT]
ConnectionType=initiator
ReconnectInterval=2
FileStorePath=store
FileLogPath=log
StartTime=12:00:00
EndTime=23:00:00
UseDataDictionary=N
DataDictionary=../../spec/fix/FIX44.xml
SocketConnectHost=<ipaddress>
SocketConnectPort=<port>
LogoutTimeout=5

[SESSION]
BeginString=FIX.4.4
SenderCompID=MAP_<MYCOMP>_BETA
TargetCompID=MAP_BLP_BETA
HeartBtInt=30
SSLEnable=Y
SSLProtocols=Tls12
SSLCertificate=<localpath>/cert/pkcs12/cert.pfx
SSLCertificatePassword=******
-------------
Also,
The error I see is
<event> Remote certificate was not recognized as a valid certificate: RemoteCertificateNameMismatch, RemoteCertificateChainErrors
<event> Unable to perform authentication against server: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
<event> Connection failed (AuthenticationException): The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
Tls 1.2 was mentioned by a Bloomberg support person.

If I provide
SSLValidateCertificates=N
it’s connecting.
But the documentation says it’s a security risk. Is it ok to do if I am connecting as the initiator?

Thanks,
Sujith