{{Quickfixn}} questions on component block concepet in quickfix

Jie Zhu Jie.Zhu at icbkfs.com
Tue Mar 6 11:43:57 PST 2018

So if a component block is not in a repeating group, we don’t even need that component block, am I correct?

The following two specs will be same, right?

<MessageHeader>

<MessageHeader>

571

TradeReportID

571

TradeReportID

572

TradeReportRefID

572

TradeReportRefID

150

ExecType

150

ExecType

60

TransactTime

60

TransactTime

570

PreviouslyReported

570

PreviouslyReported

17

ExecID

17

ExecID

Component Block <Instrument>

55

Symbol

55

→Symbol

48

SecurityID

48

→SecurityID

22

SecurityIDSource

22

→SecurityIDSource

552

NoSides

552

NoSides

Component Block <TrdCapRptSideGrp>

Component Block <TrdCapRptSideGrp>

54

→Side

54

→Side

37

→OrderID

37

→OrderID

1

→Account

1

→Account

453

→NoPartyIDs

453

→NoPartyIDs

64

SettlDate

64

SettlDate

32

LastQty

32

LastQty

31

LastPx

31

LastPx

<MessageTrailer>

<MessageTrailer>

Component block is only useful in a repeating group. Tag 54,37,1, 453 must be together. Let me know if this is correct.