{{Quickfixn}} Code explanation UI FIXap and UnitTest VS TradeClientApp.

Grant Birchmeier gbirchmeier at connamara.com
Mon Oct 30 12:20:22 PDT 2017

The UIDemo was my first and only experiment into the C# MVVM UI design
paradigm, and we (Connamara) ended up using it as a driver for some early
proof-of-concept QF/n validation tests.  That was in late 2011.  Since
then, I've barely thought about this thing.

Don't you see?  All the questions you've asked are not about QuickFIX, but
about the non-QF parts of UIDemo.

You are spending your effort trying to understand my terrible UI
implementation that uses a paradigm I barely understood and written in a UI
framework (WPF) which MS doesn't seem to care about anymore.

As to your questions about the projects:

   - FixApplication - this project contains all the QuickFIX stuff
   - UIDemo - this project contains all the UI stuff, and references
   FixApplication for dependent QF features
   - UnitTest - NUnit tests.  These do not "interact" with the app.  NUnit
   runs by itself.  It sounds like you may not be familiar with unit testing;
   I highly recommend you read more about it.  NUnit is just one framework for
   unit testing.

*I'm not going to answer any more questions about UIDemo.  It's dead to me.*

Stick to the Examples, and read the docs at quickfixn.org.

TradeClient is a sample initiator (aka client), and SimpleAcceptor and
Executor are sample acceptors (aka servers).

By default, TradeClient is configured to try to connect to Executor on
localhost.  Start Executor first in a DOS prompt, then start TradeClient in
another DOS prompt.  TC's simple command-line interface will let you send
an order to Executor, and Executor will send an ExecReport message back to
TC.

-Grant

*Connamara Systems, LLC*
*Made-To-Measure Trading Solutions.*