{{Quickfixn}} Code explanation UI FIXap and UnitTest VS TradeClientApp.

Simone Cavallarin Simone.Cavallarin at banorcapital.com
Mon Oct 30 11:39:53 PDT 2017

Hi,

I'm a bit struggling to understand the logic behind the UI DEMO. (I'm sorry Grant!) When I have been working with NET I used many times form and clicking into a button
I was going into the code, so quite straight and easy.
In this app instead is quite different is much more advanced, and with my basic knowledge I'm a bit disorientated.

To understand how it works I'm trying to start from each button to get the actual code that is executed. Let me to do an example.

The "Connect" button has this code:

<StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal" HorizontalAlignment="Center">
                    <Button x:Name="bttnConnectu" Content="Connect" Width="80" Command="{Binding ConnectCommand}"
                        Style="{StaticResource EnableIfDisconnected}"/>]

What I'm looking to find is the action behind it, that should be link through the "Command" so "{binding ConnectCommand}".
I think that it is inside ConnectionViewModel.cs, (pls correct me if I'm wrong).

public class ConnectionViewModel : ViewModelBase

public ICommand ConnectCommand {get;set;}

I'm not able to understand what it run inside this class and how.

Then there are the

  *   FIX Application
  *   UIDemo
  *   UnitTest

"Fix Application" look like the proper engine that is creating the messages, but I don't understand how it interact with the UI Demo.
The "UIdemo, okay is the code behind the form, but can It run by itself or does it need it the "FIX application" to work?
The "Unit Test" are test okay!, but how can you select which test you would like to run and how it interacts with the rest of the app?

And finally, last question where can I find the script that establish where to look for the connection? Now I'm running the "executor" and the "UI" on my pc so probably
There is a "look on local host" wrote somewhere, but let's said that I would like to move the executor into another pc inside my network where should I write the new IP?

I know that you suggested to avoid the UIDemo but with it looks like is easier to understand. I had a look also to the "Examples.TradeClient" and okay maybe for you it looks much more easier but once I open the only script that I found is the "Trade Client App" things are not getting better ... for example what is the IInitiator?

Many Thanks!

Simone
Simone Cavallarin
T. +44 203 002 1866 | F. +44 203 002 1856 | M. +44 741 387 6068
Simone.Cavallarin at banorcapital.com<mailto:simone.cavallarin at banorcapital.com> | www.banorcapital.com<http://www.banorcapital.com/>

[Logo]

Banor Capital Limited
6th Floor, 16 Berkeley Street, London W1J 8DZ (UK)

Banor Capital Limited is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Please visit our website<http://www.banorcapital.com/Disclaimer.html> for important disclaimers/disclosures regarding Banor Capital's services.