{{Quickfixn}} Tags from Repeating group not included in the repeating group when re-sending a new order single

Mark Cooke mc.developer at verizon.net
Mon Jul 31 07:57:28 PDT 2017

We had a few session level rejects with the text "Tag not defined for
this message type".

When, in fact, the tag (467) is defined, and our records of the raw
message we build had this (and tag 661) properly within the repeating
group (before tag 80)

upon closer inspection of our FIX Logs, I see that our message included
43=Y

Looking back further, it turns out that our counter party had been
logging on out of sequence with us, and we spent a few hours catching up
on the sequence numbers. Not long after we got caught up, is when I see
these messages not constructed correctly.

Later that day, other orders where fine.

This is in an environment where we are using FIX 4.4 and the version of
QuickFix.dll here is 1.2.0.0

(this particular environment is behind our other environments, where we
are using version 1.7.0.0 of QuickFix.dll)

We have since adjusted what time our counter party connects to us, but I
need to know if this is a known issue, and has it been fixed since
version 1.2.0.0?

Thanks in Advance,

Mark