{{Quickfixn}} Not getting Nested Groups Information resulting in Repeating Tags

Grant Birchmeier gbirchmeier at connamara.com
Wed Nov 23 07:57:58 PST 2016

I am sure that you have a config problem or a mistake in your
DataDictionary.  This is not an engine bug.

However, I would need more information to help you further.

I would need to see your DD xml for the SecurityListResponse message, as
well as the actual FIX message that is being rejected (and the rejection
response FIX message).  *Provide messages from your log, not from print
statements!*

Please also confirm that your config contains "UseDataDictionary=Y" and
"DataDictionary=<path to your dd>".

On Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 5:27 AM, Rao, Masthan <Masthan.Rao at abglobal.com>
wrote:

> Hello All,
>
>             I am trying to process SecurityListReponse (“y”) and received
> repeated tags found issue for tag 454 & 455. I also verified DataDictionary
> to map it with the vendor. But still that didn’t resolved the issue. After
> spending multiple hours of debugging I figured out that the “Groups” object
> contains the DD mapping for the message “y”. The object has Group
> information for tag “146” (parent group) and subgroup information for “146”
> are nested with in the main group as child items. The group which I was
> looking for is tag 454 and is nested in group 146 as nested item.
>

>             But while parsing the incoming message the following code is
> not looking for nested items and there by resulting in repeating tags
> issue. I made the following modifications to counter this issue.  I am not
> sure how this issue was not un covered or am I doing anything wrong? The
> QuickFixn version which I am using in 1.7.0. Please suggest.
>

> Masthan

> For further important information about AllianceBernstein please click here
> http://www.abglobal.com/disclaimer/email/disclaimer.html

*Connamara Systems, LLC*
*Made-To-Measure Trading Solutions.*