{{Quickfixn}} How do I get Company ID (not name) for a trade/deal

Grant Birchmeier gbirchmeier at connamara.com
Tue May 17 07:20:25 PDT 2016

So you've looked through all the fields of the raw FIX message and did not
see what you need?

In that case, this is a question for your counterparty.  If they are not
including this field in your message, then of course QF/n can't extract
it.  You'll need to ask your counterparty if there is a way to get them to
include this particular field.

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 5:44 PM, Saha Binoy <Binoy.Saha at srpnet.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I am getting trade detail info via FIX44 protocol. While getting trade
> deals info for the day, I don’t see counter party company id, rather I see
> company name only along with all other details including trader name. How
> do I get company id which must be unique all the time. The reason I am
> looking for unique company id is because company names are being changed
> frequently and company name field is free text form while traders enter
> company name while making the deal online. So it’s apparent that we MUST
> have some kind of unique id to find that the deal belongs to some
> particular company (since their name might be different due to free form
> text field). Analogy is all companies have an EMPLOYER ID (or Tax ID) which
> is unique, we should not use company name to identify the company.
>

> *Thanks and best regards,*
>

> *Binoy Saha*

*Connamara Systems, LLC*
*Made-To-Measure Trading Solutions.*