{{Quickfixn}} Adding new acceptor session dynamically

Bodey, Jan Jan.Bodey at cmegroup.com
Thu Jan 28 08:27:04 PST 2016

Hi

I had a look at that - and it does look like it will do exactly what I want.  However, I did notice a couple of issues, the second of which would appear to make this unusable at the moment:

1.       In order to add the new session, I had to supply a full settings dictionary, ie it did not use any of the defaults supplied when the Acceptor was originally created.  I was able to get around this but it would be nice to have the option to just reuse defaults

2.       There was an exception thrown when creating the new Session object.  The problem code is the Create method in FileLogFactory, which is called from the Session constructor:

        public ILog Create(SessionID sessionID)
        {
            return new FileLog(settings_.Get(sessionID).GetString(SessionSettings.FILE_LOG_PATH), sessionID);
        }

This looks up the session settings from a sessions_ dictionary, however in the code for the Session constructor, the sessions_ dictionary is not updated until after the file log creation.  Thus an exception is thrown with this message: Configuration failed: Session 'FIX.4.2:CME/G->ANEWON1/CMED/GB' not found

This is based on code that I pulled from the head of master, and compiled and run locally.

Many thanks

Jan