{{Quickfixn}} FIX 4.4 Login Error

Grant Birchmeier gbirchmeier at connamara.com
Tue Jan 26 10:15:37 PST 2016

FIX4.4 and 4.3 aren't terribly different.  Your link should still be
helpful to you.

At it's core, FIX is just a protocol for passing messages, that's all.  In
addition, it gives you a dictionary full of message and field definitions,
but that dictionary should be treated more like a suggestion than a fixed
reality.  (In practice, every vendor makes customizations to that
dictionary; some quite extensively!)

The implementation of any market-feed reader you write will be highly
dependent on the interface that you are connecting to.  The FIX feed for
vendor ABC will be different from vendor XYZ, and the same feed-reader
won't work for both of them.

Who are you connecting to?  They should have specs for their FIX
connection.  Read those specs.  That should give you an idea of what you
need to do next.

If you have not read the quickfixn.org tutorial, now's the time.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 11:50 AM, Jayaruvan Dissanayake <jayaruvan at gmail.com