{{Quickfixn}} Is quickfixn resetting msg to 1 at EndTime automatically?

Jeff S. jeff at alphafinhk.com
Tue Oct 13 17:24:06 PDT 2015

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the explanation.  The counter-party wants me to put the end time to Fri at 20:00 (this is EST).

My home/development time zone is GST+8

If I set EndDay=Friday and EndTime=20:00:00,

a)      do I need to set StartTime and StartDay or can they be omitted?

b)      Not sure I understand the documentation regarding the correct TimeZone setting.  For EST would

it be UTC-4 (Do I put “UTC-4” or “America/New_York”)

c)       You mention that all times are normalized to UTC.  I assume this means that I would leave the TimeZone

setting the same regardless of where my server was running in the world.

Would that be a correct assumption?

d)      Will I have to adjust this for daylight saving time twice a year?

Thanks for your great help.  I’m sure I’m almost there.

Best,

Jeff