{{Quickfixn}} Why is repeat message NOT sent

xmoon 2000 xmoon2000 at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 7 07:25:15 PST 2015

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 10:04 PM, Jeff S. <jeff at alphafinhk.com> wrote:

> I believe from the forums that I have been reading that quickfixn expected
> behaviour is to reset to seq #1 at EndTime
>
> (regardless of the settings of the “Reset” parameters).  Could someone
> please verify if this is the expected behaviour
>
> and whether this is standard for FIX protocol or an implementation
> modification for quickfixn.

Yes this is the expected behavior and yes this standard FIX protocol for
session times.

> Also, as we have agreed with the broker to reset once a week (Friday’s at
> midnight EST), what would be the appropriate
>
> settings on either side?

The week-long session is what is causing your issue.  You have not
specified StartDay/EndDay, so your session resets daily.  Add
StartDay/EndDay to get a week-long session.  Also, note that times default
to UTC.  If you want Eastern Time instead, you need to also specify
TimeZone.  See http://quickfixn.org/tutorial/configuration.html for how to
do that.

I haven't looked at the FIX log you posted yet because I have a feeling
that if you implement my suggestions above, your seq num problems will go
away.

--
Mike Gatny
Connamara Systems