{{Quickfixn}} ICE FIX engine xml changes

Grant Birchmeier gbirchmeier at connamara.com
Fri Jul 17 10:31:17 PDT 2015

I'm very familiar withe ICE TradeCapture Interface, if that's what you're
working with.  I maintain an app that uses it.

1. Do you have the latest version of their doc, the ICE-FIX TradeCapture
Reference Manual?  (Latest version is 2.0.38.1)

2. Have you customized your FIX 4.4 DD XML file to match the message and
field definitions that ICE has defined in that document?  It's simple to
do, though a little time consuming the first time.  They only use a handful
of messages; most of the other App-level message definitions you can just
delete.

3. Are you on ICE's mailing list so that you are alerted whenever they make
changes to the message definitions?  This typically happens 2-3 times per
year.  They give you plenty of lead time before the changes go live, and
they have a test environment you can use to test your app before the
changes go live.

-Grant

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 12:09 PM, Rettenmier, Curt <
Curt.Rettenmier at avistacorp.com> wrote:

>  We just became aware of changes made by our counterparty (ICE) to their
> application that were implemented at the end of June. We have been
> receiving errors since then and need to modify our application to support
> their changes. We are using QuickFix/n and the FIX 4.4 schema and are
> wondering if others have made changes to their schemas to incorporate ICE’s
> changes and would be willing to share or discuss their modifications.
> Thanks,
>

> *Curt Rettenmier*
>
> Software Developer
> Avista Corporation