{{Quickfixn}} Required field missing?

Tom Boyce tom at algodesignsolutions.com
Fri Jul 20 07:25:57 PDT 2012

Counterparty is TT's FIXAdaptor.

A couple of thoughts on this.

1)  The message that is being rejected is the Sequence Reset.  Not sure
that there would be an OrigSendingTime associated with it.
2)  The log indicates that it is processing a queued message.  It does not
say this for the other 4 messages that are resent.  Is it possible that it
is processing a message that it has already received, and thus did not have
the OrigSendingTime attached to it?

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 3:36 PM, Grant Birchmeier <gbirchmeier at connamara.com
> wrote:

> Tom, who is the counterparty?  Is it another QF/n app?
>

> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 3:33 PM, Mike Gatny <mgatny at connamara.com> wrote:
>
>> The spec indeed requires setting OrigSendingTime when a message is sent
>> required", it is not marked as required in the data dictionary.
>>
>> QF/n's behavior in this case is inherited from QF/c++.  However QF/j has
>> a config option that will suppress sending Rejects generally, which was
>> recently extended to cover this case as well.  I think it would be
>> reasonable for QF/n to offer a similar option.
>>
>> If anyone would like to take a stab at it, relevant QF/j code is here
>> (line 2175):
>>
>> http://quickfixj.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/quickfixj/trunk/core/src/main/java/quickfix/Session.java?revision=1070&view=markup
>>
>> And relevant QF/n code is here:
>>
>> https://github.com/connamara/quickfixn/blob/master/QuickFIXn/Session.cs#L981
>>
>> --
>> Mike Gatny
>> Connamara Systems, LLC

> --
> Grant Birchmeier
> *Connamara Systems, LLC*
> *Made-To-Measure Trading Solutions.*
> Exactly what you need. No more. No less.*
> *
> http://connamara.com

Tom Boyce
Developer