{{Quickfixn}} Does Logon message support username and password ?

Ervin MARGUČ ervin at enteralpha.com
Thu Sep 6 00:01:02 PDT 2012

Hi

I see that many of you asking about >How to login with QuickFIXn<. Here is
example for initiator site how to do it:

        #region Implementation of Application

        /// <summary>

        /// This callback provides you with a peek at the administrative
messages

        /// that are being sent from your FIX engine to the counter party.
This is

        /// normally not useful for an application however it is provided
for any

        /// logging you may wish to do. You may add fields in an
adminstrative

        /// message before it is sent.

        /// </summary>

        /// <param name="message"></param>

        /// <param name="sessionID"></param>

        public void ToAdmin(Message message, SessionID sessionID)

        {

            // Check message type

            if (message.Header.GetField(Tags.MsgType) == MsgType.LOGON)

            {

                // Yes it is logon message

                // Check if local variables YourUserName and YourPassword
are set

                if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(YourUserName) &&
!string.IsNullOrEmpty(YourPassword))

                {

                    // Add Username and Password fields to logon message

                    ((Logon) message).Set(new Username(YourUserName));

                    ((Logon) message).Set(new Password(YourPassword));

                }

            }

        }

..

I hope that this will help you and others that have similar questions.

best regards

Ervin MARGUC

GSM: +386 (0)40 897 170

 <http://www.enteralpha.com/> Opis: EnterAlpha