{{Quickfixn}} Issue 22

Grant Birchmeier gbirchmeier at connamara.com
Wed May 23 09:21:45 PDT 2012

Hm... you're ending *before* EndTime, then manually starting *after*
EndTime...?

That might be the bit of info we were lacking.  Myself, I was only checking
on the auto-start/end that is triggered when the times are reached.

I'd hope that it's using the same startup-time checking code regardless of
whether it's started manually or automatically, but it's possible it's not.

I've added this info to the issue.  Will have to make time to give it a
shot later.

(You are using the new release, right?)

-Grant

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Matt Wood <mjwood7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Related to issue 22:
> https://github.com/connamara/quickfixn/issues/22
>

> I believe I'm also encountering this. Basically if I'm manually
> disconnecting a session before EndTime, then manually starting it up again
> after StartTime on the following day, my session doesn't get reset.
> QuickfixN throws the "MsgSeqNum too low, expecting... " message. Relevant
> config values are included below:
>
> config.cfg:
>
> [DEFAULT]
> ConnectionType=initiator
> StartDay=monday
> EndDay=friday
> StartTime=11:00:00
> EndTime=23:15:00
> ResetOnLogon=N
> ResetOnLogout=N
> ResetOnDisconnect=N
>
> I took a look into the code prior to running into "Session.Verify(Message
> logon, false, true)" and I haven't found state_.Reset() being called for
> this type of scenario (logoff before EndTime, logon after StartTime the
> next day). Could anyone verify this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

*Connamara Systems, LLC*
*Made-To-Measure Trading Solutions.*
Exactly what you need. No more. No less.*
*