{{Quickfixn}} new C#-based DDTool code generator!

Grant Birchmeier gbirchmeier at connamara.com
Mon Nov 20 10:37:52 PST 2023

Hi all,

I'm happy to announce a new C#-based code generator, DDTool!  Those of you
using only nuget packages probably won't care, but if you're maintaining
custom QF/n builds then you will probably appreciate this very much!

I spent the past week banging it out in a new C# solution, with as few
dependencies as possible.  The first milestone was to make its output match
the ruby-generated code exactly.  After that, I fixed some other quirks in
the generated code (and will probably do some more of that in the coming
weeks/months).

The easiest way to run it is "pwsh scripts/Generate-Message-Sources.ps1"
which calls "dotnet run" to build and run it.  (Of course, you won't see
any generated changes if you haven't altered the DDs.)  If you want to take
a deeper look, check out the Readme and solution in the DDTools/ folder.

(I still love Ruby, but I freely admit that the Ruby-based generator should
have been replaced a long time ago.  Farewell, ruby generator!)

-Grant

--
<https://www.connamara.com>

Grant Birchmeier

Sr. Software Engineer, Connamara

gbirchmeier at connamara.com

--
This email, along with any attachments, is confidential. If you believe you
received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and