{{Quickfixn}} QuickFIX/n 1.11.0 is released

Grant Birchmeier gbirchmeier at connamara.com
Thu Oct 12 09:24:24 PDT 2023

Hello everyone,

I'm happy to formally announce the release of QuickFIX/n 1.11.0.

A big thanks to everyone who has submitted fixes and helped to improve
the project.

*There are breaking changes in this release!  *Most of these changes aren't
too radical, but you should read the following to make sure:

   - *All libraries are now using .NET 6*
   - *FIX5 applications now need the new FIXT11 dll *- FIX11
   message classes now exist and can be cracked.
   - *All deprecations are removed* - I'm reasonably certain most of these
   removals will not affect anyone; they are deep in the library, or
   non-C#-convention-named functions that have long been supplanted by correct
   names.  I will be glad to help anyone who is having trouble migrating.
   - *Seqnums are now UInt64* - Note the INT->SEQNUM changes in
   FIX40/41/42.xml DDs! You may need to update your DDs.  This is a step
   towards support of Continuous Markets.

Plus we have the usual non-breaking updates and fixes, some notable ones
are:

   - conversion to and from the FIX Trading Community’s JSON Encoding for
   FIX Protocol
   - dictionary-parsing performance improvements
   - allow decimal fields to use exponential notation
   - case-sensitive-filesystem bugfixes

For issue numbers and more details, see
https://github.com/connamara/quickfixn/blob/master/RELEASE_NOTES.md

Here's our official press release which is a bit more wordy and a bit less
technical:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/quickfixn-1110-now-enhanced-sequence-number-support

I did wrestle with whether these breaking changes should warrant a
major-version-number increase (per semantic versioning rules), but decided
against it.  "v2" might get people thinking that this release is a
significant change, but it just isn't.  Most FIX4 users probably won't even
notice, and FIX5 users should only see the minor speedbump of needing to
grab the FIXT dll.

It's been a long wait, and we're excited to finally get this out.  Please
let us know how it goes!

-Grant

--
<https://www.connamara.com>

Grant Birchmeier

Sr. Software Engineer, Connamara

gbirchmeier at connamara.com

gbirchmeier at connamara.com

--
This email, along with any attachments, is confidential. If you believe you
received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and