{{Quickfixn}} Field 35 not found when connecting using FIX.5.0SP2

Grant Birchmeier gbirchmeier at connamara.com
Tue Nov 8 11:59:52 PST 2022

There's gotta be something else going on here.  We have tests that verify
that FIX50SP2 apps can logon and send messages.  You can't be the first
person to run FIX50SP2 in this release which has been out for quite some
time.

I'll have to take a deeper look later.

On Tue, Nov 8, 2022 at 1:38 PM Francis Gingras <francis at collective2.com>
wrote:

> I found the problem, but I don't know if the cause is the FIX spec or the
> QF implementation.
>
> GenerateLogon does not add the MsgType field for the Logon
> because FIX50SP2 does not have that message type.
>
> FIX50SP2.Create(string beginString, string msgType) => switch ("A")
> results in a message with no tag 35 which is then rejected by
> Session.SendRaw() due to  message.Header.GetString(Fields.Tags.MsgType) =>
> FieldNotFoundException.
>
> Francis Gingras

Connamara Systems, LLC

This email, along with any attachments, is confidential. If you believe you
received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and
delete all copies of the message. Thank you from Connamara Systems, LLC.