{{Quickfixn}} (no subject)

Antonio Meireles - GMail antonio.meireles at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 10:19:21 PDT 2022

Hi,

Quickfix has the SEND_REDUNDANT_RESENDREQUESTS=N configuration that can be
used to avoid sending ResendRequests of a gap that is already asked and
will be redundant.

This can avoid ResendRequest loops, but sometimes the counterpart do not
use the same approach and may struggle the session with several Duplicated
and Redundant ResendRequests.

If we process duplicated ResendRequests we can send all the gap several
times and this will only contribute to flood the connection.

So, I am proposing a configuration DISCARD_DUPLICATED_RESEND_REQUESTS=Y
(default=N) that will make possible to configure a session to discard these
duplicated ResendRequests.

To do this, the session should store the last ResendRequest boundaries and
the time it finished to be sent, and check new ResendRequests against these
stored values. If the new asked gap is inside the stored boundaries and
earlier than the stored time, the session should discard the ResendRequest
message.

Do anyone have comments about this scenario or approach?

Do you think it is usefull to follow implementing It and proposing a PR?

BR,

Antonio Meireles (Guto)