{{Quickfixn}} Getting tag number from name for a custom field/group

Mike Gatny mgatny at connamara.com
Fri May 27 11:18:24 PDT 2022

Something like this?

https://github.com/connamara/quickfixn/blob/master/UnitTests/DataDictionaryTests.cs#L32

e.g.:

dataDictionary.FieldsByName["customfield"].Tag

--
*Mike Gatny*
*CONNAMARA SYSTEMS*

On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 6:00 AM <raymond.stone at tindecofs.com> wrote:

> Is there a method provided by default to look up a custom data dictionary
> to get the tag for a named item?
>

> Basically I am using two providers, both give groups of quotes but both
> use non standard tags and they differ by provider, so I ideally want to be
> able to get the field number by name in the dictionary, ie tagno =
> GetTagForName(“customfield”)
>

> Is this at all possible?

This email, along with any attachments, is confidential. If you believe you
received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and
delete all copies of the message. Thank you from Connamara Systems, LLC.