{{Quickfixn}} Logging settings

Grant Birchmeier gbirchmeier at connamara.com
Tue Feb 9 09:53:11 PST 2021

In my opinion, you should split this up into two separate
QuickFix.IApplication classes (within a single app is still ok), each with
its own config file.  Each will log (or not log) as separately configured,
and each only implements the OnMessage callbacks that it uses.

I'm just now realizing that it's been a *long* time since I've written a
multiple-initiator app, and I don't think it was even with this particular
QF port.  But I think I'm advising you correctly.

On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 11:31 AM <alancloughley at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Grant,
>

> No I was just running them both from one initiator. The cfg file has 2
> sessions on it so I guess the initiator runs two initiations?  At the
> OnCreate() stage I am initiating 2 separate sessionID’s based on the
> settings  SessionQualifier, so I would have a _sessionIDTrader and
> _sessionIDData. It works fine and I get two separate log files for each
> session type(trader and data). I just wanted to turn the data logs off
> completely and let the trader session keep on logging. Is there any way I
> can manage that without starting a separate initiator or is that the only
> way to do it?
>

> If I use a 2nd initiator would I also have to use 2 separate settings
> files, one for each initiator?
>

> Thanks

*Connamara Systems, LLC*
*Made-To-Measure Trading Solutions.*