{{Quickfixn}} How you guys handle the case when the initiator is not able to keep up with the load

Grant Birchmeier gbirchmeier at connamara.com
Fri Jan 15 08:25:31 PST 2021

In a decade of supporting QF, I've never heard of a problem quite like
this.  It sounds like you are attempting to treat the symptom, and not
the cause.

Is it possible that your app is just subscribing to too much at once?  How
can you be receiving such a massive blast of info at a constantly high rate
that your worker thread can't keep up?  That sounds like an insane amount
of data (or a really underpowered machine).

It's hard to give helpful suggestions without knowing more about your
counterparty's API, but I wonder if there's an opportunity to split your
app into multiple programs, each subscribing to a subset of the data.