{{Quickfixn}} How you guys handle the case when the initiator is not able to keep up with the load

Artur Pietrzyk apietrzyk at coinapi.io
Fri Jan 15 04:45:25 PST 2021

Hi,

If someone will share, I would like to know what is the best case to handle
a slow initiator that is not able to keep up with the load.

We are currently pushing those messages for a session queue, but eventually
want to disconnect the client if the queue is too high, this is where we
experience issue as it looks like the QuickFix does not have that option to
disconnect the client, let me know if I'm wrong.

Another option looks like dropping the message for sending and storing for
resend request, however, it still will require disconnecting the client at
some point when the storage size for the session will be too high.

Basically:
 (a) there is a way to disconnect the client with an error? (queue too high)
 (b) there are any other methods of handling that case?

I look forward to hearing from the group.

Artur Pietrzyk
CEO and Founder
www.coinapi.io