{{Quickfixn}} Handling Security Definitions

Veduruparthi Raju rveduruparthi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 08:12:15 PDT 2020

Hi Grant,

That is correct. In the OnMessage() call back I am delegating that message
to another method where it converts to a string and pushes it to my
internal messaging API which expects it as a string.
Our message api expects it to be a string and is the reason i convert that
to a string.

Thanks,
--Raju.v

On Thu, Oct 1, 2020 at 8:56 AM Grant Birchmeier <gbirchmeier at connamara.com>
wrote:

> Raju,  clearly something is going wrong, but I can't tell if it's a DD
> issue or if you're doing something weird.
>
> Are you calling message.FromString() yourself?  If yes, why?  That's a red
> flag to me.
>
> I expect your code to look something like the following.  Does it?
>
> public class MyApplication : MessageCracker, IApplication
> {
>     public void FromApp(Message msg, SessionID sessionID)
>     {
>         Crack(msg, sessionID);
>     }
>
>     //...
>     public void OnMessage(
>         QuickFix.FIX44.SecurityDefinition ord,
>         SessionID sessionID)
>     {
>         // your handling code
>     }
>
>     // ... other OnMessage handlers...
> }
>

> --
> Grant Birchmeier
> *Connamara Systems, LLC*
> *Made-To-Measure Trading Solutions.*
> Exactly what you need. No more. No less.
> http://connamara.com
>
> This email, along with any attachments, is confidential. If you believe
> you received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately
> and delete all copies of the message. Thank you from Connamara Systems, LLC.

Thanks,
--Raju.v