{{Quickfixn}} Quckfix setNextSenderMsgSeqNum method

Grant Birchmeier gbirchmeier at connamara.com
Thu Jul 16 11:13:11 PDT 2020

I don't know.  I've never had to seamlessly hand off a connection from one
acceptor to another.

On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 12:54 PM Pandit, Rohan <Rohan.Pandit at sculptor.com>
wrote:

> Hi Grant,
>  Understood, How would you suggest to sync sequence number between parties?
>
> Thanks,
> Rohan Pandit
> T: 646.366.2813
> rohan.pandit at Sculptor.com
> ---
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2020 12:14:46 -0500
> From: Grant Birchmeier <gbirchmeier at connamara.com>
> Subject: Re: {{Quickfixn}} Quckfix setNextSenderMsgSeqNum method
>         (Grant Birchmeier)
>
> Rohit, this is not really a workflow I'd encourage.
>
> However, Session does have a NextSenderMsgSeqNum property with a public
> setter.
>
> I suppose you could use SessionID to lookup the Session and then you'd
> have a way to call the method.
>
> But I really do think what you're doing is pretty unorthodox and not to be
> encouraged.
>
> -Grant
>

> On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 2:50 PM Pandit, Rohan <Rohan.Pandit at sculptor.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Grant,
> >  I have 2 acceptors running and I am not using common message store.
> > But I am using redis cache just to store sender and target sequence
> > number. So when one of my acceptors goes down then my plan is to look
> > into redis for the last sender sequence number and then use
> > setNextSenderMsgSeqNum method to set Sender Seq Number accordingly for
> > acceptor 2. Without that I am getting MsgSeqNum too low error from the
> > initiator side. Let me know if you need more information.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Rohan Pandit
> > T: 646.366.2813
> > rohan.pandit at Sculptor.com
> >

> --

*Connamara Systems, LLC*
*Made-To-Measure Trading Solutions.*

This email, along with any attachments, is confidential. If you believe you
received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and
delete all copies of the message. Thank you from Connamara Systems, LLC.