{{Quickfixn}} Quickfixn Connection Webpage after Upgrade

Grant Birchmeier gbirchmeier at connamara.com
Thu Jul 16 08:57:00 PDT 2020

Nate-- I got your off-list email, and now it makes sense.

"Also worth noting this is actually from 1.0.3 not 1.3.0"

That's not a valid QF/n version!  You weren't using QF/n at all --- You
were actually using the original C++ QuickFIX with the SWIG C# wrapper!

No wonder I couldn't find the web interface in QF/n.  It didn't have one!

Please try the HttpServer I suggested before and let me know how it goes.
It was a submission some years back, and I don't think I've ever used it
myself.  But maybe we can turn this undocumented orphan into a documented
feature.

-Grant

On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 9:28 AM Grant Birchmeier <gbirchmeier at connamara.com>
wrote:

> 1.3.0 goes back to 2012.  I was pretty new to the project at that time,
> and the other guys from then are long gone.  If anybody can help, please
> chime in.
>
> I just browsed the code on that old tag, and I don't know where this
> server is coded or configured.  Honestly, I only have vague memories of
> people mentioning this feature, and I've never used it myself.  I'm kind of
> shocked that I can't identify a class or grep the right term to find where
> this could be coming from.
>
> Do you still have your old build running?  Can you send me (off-list) a
> copy of the resulting web page?  (to save me the time of spinning up an
> old-build app for myself)
>
> I see we currently have a class called HttpServer that might be relevant.
> However, I don't see any documentation on how to use it.  Why don't you
> take a look and see if you can instantiate it and connect to it?
> https://github.com/connamara/quickfixn/blob/master/QuickFIXn/HttpServer.cs
>
> If you have some luck, I will create a new page in the tutorial to
> document its usage.
>
> -Grant
>

> On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 7:25 AM Nate Kershner <nathaneleven at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> We just went live with an upgrade to QuickFix/n (1.0.3 to 1.10).
>> Obviously 1.0.3 is a very old version, but I'm hoping someone can assist.
>> In the old version, if you visited http://localhost on the server or
>> http://<servername> from another machine, it presented you with webpage
>> with a list of connections and their sequence numbers with the ability to
>> adjust them, but after upgrading it's no longer working (error message is
>> Unable to connect). I don't see any actual webpage configured anywhere on
>> the server we run our service on (IIS isn't even installed), so I'm pretty
>> sure it was somehow served up by the engine itself? Any ideas if this is
>> the case and if there's an equivalent in 1.10 or if I'll just need to build
>> an equivalent myself?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Nate
>>

> --
> Grant Birchmeier
> *Connamara Systems, LLC*
> *Made-To-Measure Trading Solutions.*
> Exactly what you need. No more. No less.
> http://connamara.com

*Connamara Systems, LLC*
*Made-To-Measure Trading Solutions.*

This email, along with any attachments, is confidential. If you believe you
received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and
delete all copies of the message. Thank you from Connamara Systems, LLC.