{{Quickfixn}} Logging Dates

Grant Birchmeier gbirchmeier at connamara.com
Mon Dec 16 08:09:48 PST 2019

132 wasn't abandoned, it just never got good enough for acceptance.

Rolling logs are definitely something we should have.  At this point I'm
thinking I may stall it until v2, which is something I want to do in 2020.
The existing logging is pretty messy, and it's hard to fix that without
breaking the current interface. v2 should definitely switch to a standard
logging interface.

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 7:50 AM Campbell Wild <Campbell.Wild at ihsmarkit.com>
wrote:

> There is a pull request to archive logging here:
> https://github.com/connamara/quickfixn/pull/132
>
> But it seems to have been abandoned?
> *Subject:* {{Quickfixn}} Logging Dates
>

> *[CAUTION] EXTERNAL EMAIL .. *
>
> I have a windows service that utilizes the quickfix/n but the logging is
> all dated for when the service turns on.  Is there a way to have it create
> a new set of log files for each day?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Eddie

> This e-mail, including accompanying communications and attachments, is
> strictly confidential and only for the intended recipient. Any retention,
> use or disclosure not expressly authorised by IHSMarkit is prohibited. This
> email is subject to all waivers and other terms at the following link:
> https://ihsmarkit.com/Legal/EmailDisclaimer.html
>
> Please visit www.ihsmarkit.com/about/contact-us.html for contact
> information on our offices worldwide.

*Connamara Systems, LLC*