{{Quickfixn}} problem adding customized tag 6138 (float): UnsupportedMessageType

Grant Birchmeier gbirchmeier at connamara.com
Mon Oct 14 14:03:50 PDT 2019

"QuickFix.UnsupportedMessageType" implies a something other than a simple
field error.  It means that you got a message with a 35 tag that specifies
a type that you aren't handling.  Did you forget to implement a
"OnMessage(some type)" function for cracker to delegate to?

(I'm catching up on old emails, so maybe you already solved it.)

On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 3:24 AM Igor Nastoski <nastoski at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> according to FIX client specification response Market Data Snapshot Full
> Refresh (MsgType = W) on Market Data Request includes a tag 6138 with
> format FLOAT. I have specified this field in FIX44.xml DataDictionary file
> as:
>
> in fields section:
> *<field number="6138" name="TickSize" type="FLOAT" />*
>
> and in
> <message name="MarketDataSnapshotFullRefresh" msgtype="W" msgcat="app">
> section
>
> *<field name="TickSize" required="N" />*
>
> When running test application together with response i receive an
> exception:
> ==Cracker exception==
> QuickFix.UnsupportedMessageType: Exception of type 'QuickFix.UnsupportedMessageType'
> was thrown.
>    at QuickFix.MessageCracker.Crack(Message message, SessionID sessionID)
>    at FixEngineClient.TradeClientApp.FromApp(Message message, SessionID
> sessionID)
>    at QuickFix.MessageCracker.Crack(Message message, SessionID sessionID)
>    at FixEngineClient.TradeClientApp.FromApp(Message message, SessionID
> sessionID)
>
> When i remove the tag from DataDictionary file i get following rejection
> message:
>
> <event> Message 3 Rejected: Tag not defined for this message type
> (Field=6138)
>
> Is there any way to resolve this issue?
>
> Many thanks.

*Connamara Systems, LLC*