{{Quickfixn}} Tls1.2 connection to bloomberg does not send a logon

Ravi Arcot ravi at kynex.com
Mon Aug 5 13:52:42 PDT 2019

We are using QuickFix/n Version 1.7 and attempting to connect to Bloomberg with their Tls certificate. We are the initiator and Bloomberg is the acceptor. The engine creates the session and does not logon. Bloomberg network engineers say they see the Tls handshake and acknowledgement but no logon attempt. We attempted the following configuration(s) in the initiator.cfg.

[SESSION]
..
..
SSLEnable=Y
SSLProtocols=Tls12
SSLValidateCertificates=Y
SSLCheckCertificateRevocation=N
SSLCertificate=C:/KynApps/KynexFixService/certs/cert.pfx
SSLCertificatePassword=xxxxxxx

We also tried

[SESSION]
..
..
SSLEnable=Y
SSLProtocols=Tls12
SSLValidateCertificates=Y
SSLCheckCertificateRevocation=N
SSLCertificate=C:/KynApps/KynexFixService/certs/cert.pem
SSLCertificatePassword=xxxxxxxxxxxxx
SSLCACertificate=C:/KynApps/KynexFixService/certs/CACerts.pem
SSLRequireClientCertificate=Y

If we remove the SSL configs in the quickfix config file and create a stunnel with the pem certificates, it establishes the session fine. We prefer to go direct from engine without stunnel.

Appreciate any suggestions on what might be going on if others have gone down this path and found a resolution.

Thank you in advance.

Best

Ravi Arcot
201.796.4900
ravi at kynex.com

The information in this e-mail message may be privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please e-mail the sender and delete all copies. Thank you.