{{Quickfixn}} Where is 141=Y coming from for our 35=A message

Mike Gatny mgatny at connamara.com
Thu Jan 3 09:12:32 PST 2019

You have worked around the issue correctly by removing tag 141 in ToAdmin().

That said.... why is QF/n including 141=Y on the first logon?  Because that
is what FIX Protocol specifies when a new Session starts.  Sessions can be
24 hours, a week long, whatever you like... but when one Session ends and
another begins, the protocol says that initiators should logon with 141=Y.

I think your counterparty does not allow 141 at all because they do not
want initiators to reset on *every* logon.  And that's almost always a good
thing: resetting on every logon thwarts the resend/reliability mechanism of
the protocol.  But maybe they've gone a little too far by not allowing it
even when it makes sense (i.e. at Session start).

--
Mike Gatny
Connamara Systems