{{Quickfixn}} Nested group leads to GroupDelimiterTagException "Group 12345's first entry does not start with delimiter 0"

オイゲン デュック eugen at tworks.co.jp
Sun Feb 17 22:15:04 PST 2019

Hi,

       We have a counterparty which serves a fix acceptor.  Their fix engine doesn't not support tag 141=Y in 35=A message.

       We act as fix intiator and every day we restart our fix application at 9:00am.   But for the first 35=A logon message, there is a tag 141=Y in it.   If we are disconnect in the middle of the day, there is no such tag.

      For the 35=A with tag 141, our counterparty has a log   " 2019/01/03 09:00:12:417: FIXConnectionData: Sending data on connection {C073GEMS} [8=FIX.4.4_9=0129_35=5_49=test1_56=test2_34=1_52=20190103-14:00:12_58=00100000001nr76_10413- CODE: 1-200-A-141: Logon with 141=Y is not supported_10=075_]
",  apparently their system doesn't support 141=Y in the 35=A message.

    In our fix settings, we have ResetOnLogon=N  ResetOnLogout=Y ResetOnDisconnect=N.  The way we start our fix intiator every day is something like,

                IMessageStoreFactory storeFactory = new FileStoreFactory(settings);
                ILogFactory logFactory = new FileLogFactory(settings);
                SocketInitiator initiator = new SocketInitiator(app, storeFactory, settings, logFactory);

                initiator.Start();

       I remove the 141 tag in ToAdmin() method to get rid of this tag to fix the issue but still curious where the 141=Y coming from for our everyday' s first log in.  Please help.

Thanks,

Jie
This email and any attached files are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately and then delete this email. Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore is in no way liable for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which may arise as a result of email transmission. If verification is required please request a hard copy.