{{Quickfixn}} Can be message store given a shared path

Sumit Gupta (SUGU) SUGU at saxobank.com
Tue Oct 2 06:52:41 PDT 2018

Hi All,

I am using quickfix engine as acceptor(server). We have a failover setup i.e Active/Passive. If Active server goes down then passive server become active.

But this is causing a issue that both servers will have different message store files.And if failover happens with resetseqno =N, then there will be loss of messages/wrong messages will be sent to clients.

I could see one resolution:
1. If I mention the message store path as shared path. ( i am not sure if this is a practical resolution).

Could anyone suggest further, how to switch over service instance with synching of message store.

Let me know in case the scenario is not clear to anyone.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you
Sumit
This email may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient - or have received this email by mistake - please notify the sender immediately and destroy the email. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure and/or distribution of the contents and/or attachments in this email is strictly prohibited.

Email transmission security and error-free delivery cannot be guaranteed as information could be intercepted, corrupted, destroyed, delayed, incomplete and/or contain malware (virus). The sender of this email, therefore, does not accept liability for any errors and/or omissions in the contents of this message, which may arise as a result of email transmission.