{{Quickfixn}} How to place a Stop loss and Take Profit in New Order Single

Grant Birchmeier gbirchmeier at connamara.com
Tue Jul 31 07:48:15 PDT 2018

This question should be directed to the counterparty that will be taking
the orders.  It may be documented in their FIX interface docs, or they may
simply not support it.

FIX is best treated as a medium for sending and receiving messages, and not
much more than that.  While it offers a set of messages and fields, those
are best treated as suggestions, because ever counterparty seems to
customize the set or use them a little differently from others.  Never try
to use a counterparty's interface without reading their documentation
thoroughly.  Only they can tell you how to trade on their interface.

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 9:34 AM, Javier Hertfelder <javier at fxstreet.com>
wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> We are kind of new in FIX and we are struggling with a very simple action,
> place an Market Order with an Stop loss and Take Profit.
>
> Any suggestions?
>

> Javier Hertfelder, CTO | www.fxstreet.com |
>
> Tel. +34 93 3040495
>
> Gtalk: javier <http://goog_2145176996>@fxstreet.com <javier at fxstreet.com>