{{Quickfixn}} 58=Incorrect data format for value 371=6

Mohammed Quwaider momo505 at msn.com
Wed Sep 12 01:12:37 PDT 2018

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me out with a connection issue between me and Bloomberg.

For some reason I'm getting these error messages: (Socket Error: Connection reset by peer.)

The counterparty / peer (Bloomberg) stated that it was due to this error message:
ERROR: SSL_handshake() failed: unknown protocol error=336027900

After some testing with different settings, I set it up like this answer: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46936407/quickfix-n-bloomberg-configuration

Also installed the certificate on my machine (under the user credentials).
But I keep getting the same issues.
Anyone familiar with connecting to Bloomberg (it's a copy of the original line. Just to get the trades for back-end purposes)

Last setup used:
[DEFAULT]
ConnectionType=initiator
ReconnectInterval=2
FileStorePath=G:\ClientProjects\aaaaaa\FixCfg\fixfiles
FileLogPath=fixlog
StartTime=00:00:01
StartDay=monday
EndTime=23:59:59
EndDay=friday
SocketConnectHost=69.191.198.34
SocketConnectPort=8228
[SESSION]
BeginString=FIX.4.4
SenderCompID=xxxxxx
TargetCompID=yyyyyy
HeartBtInt=60
ValidateFieldsOutOfOrder=N
UseDataDictionary=N
CheckLatency=N
SSLEnable=Y
SSLProtocols=TLS
SSLValidateCertificates=N
SSLCheckCertificateRevocation=N
SSLCertificate=G:\ClientProjects\aaaaaa\FixCfg\cert.pfx
SSLCertificatePassword=yyyyyy
SSLCACertificate=G:\ClientProjects\aaaaaa\FixCfg\CACerts.pem
SSLRequireClientCertificate=Y

Thanks,

Matthijs