{{Quickfixn}} NuminGroup Count mismatch

Sumit Gupta (SUGU) SUGU at saxobank.com
Thu Jun 7 22:14:47 PDT 2018

Hi,

    I am sending a fix message with custom repeating group.

In fix xml :
Message format looks like:

<message name='XyZ' msgcat='app' msgtype='XyZ'>
      <field name=' field1' required='N' />
      <field name=' field2' required='Y' />
      <field name=' field3' required='Y' />
      <field name=' field4' required='Y' />
      <group  name='Accounts'  required='N'>
        <field name='Account' required='N' />
      </group>
</message>

Field declaration in xml like:
<field number='20084' name='Accounts' type='NUMINGROUP' />

We are acting as Acceptor. One message is sent to client with following repeating group details:

20084=31
1=1  1=2 1=3 1=4 1=5
1=6 1=7 1=8 1=9 1=10
1=11 1=12 1=13 1=14 1=15
1=16 1=17 1=18 1=19 1=20
1=21 1=22 1=23 1=24 1=25
1=26 1=27 1=28 1=29 1=30

ISSUE: 20084 is showing count 31, while actual values count is 30.

Please let me know the possible cause of this mismatch.

Thank you,
Sumit
This email may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient - or have received this email by mistake - please notify the sender immediately and destroy the email. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure and/or distribution of the contents and/or attachments in this email is strictly prohibited.

Email transmission security and error-free delivery cannot be guaranteed as information could be intercepted, corrupted, destroyed, delayed, incomplete and/or contain malware (virus). The sender of this email, therefore, does not accept liability for any errors and/or omissions in the contents of this message, which may arise as a result of email transmission.