{{Quickfixn}} simple program(2)

Mike Gatny mgatny at connamara.com
Tue Mar 20 06:48:07 PDT 2018

Igor,

Please post your quickfix/n messages log and events log (sanitized as
necessary for privacy/anonymity).  These will be found in the folder you
specified as the FileLogPath in your SessionSettings file (i.e.
"my-config.txt").

Regarding ClOrdID: this is a unique identifier assigned by you, which will
be echoed back to you on ExecutionReports, etc. so that you can associate
orders with their responses.  Per the FIX Protocol Specification:

*Uniqueness must be guaranteed within a single trading day. Firms,
> particularly those which electronically submit multi-day orders, trade
> globally or throughout market close periods, should ensure uniqueness
> across days, for example by embedding a date within the ClOrdID field.*

You may find this online interactive specification helpful in understanding
the various FIX Protocol messages and tags: http://fiximate.fixtrading.org/

Regading setting the TimeInForce:

order.Set(New TimeInForce(TimeInForce.GOOD_TIL_CANCEL))

--
Mike Gatny
Connamara Systems, LLC