{{Quickfixn}} Switching between Primary and Backup sessions

Mike Gatny mgatny at connamara.com
Wed Feb 14 06:11:02 PST 2018

Yes, this is supported. Please see the SocketConnectPort<n> and
SocketConnectHost<n> session settings here:
http://quickfixn.org/tutorial/configuration.html

Your cfg file will end up looking something like:

[SESSION]

BeginString=FIX.4.4

SocketConnectHost*1*<Primary>

SocketConnectPort*1*<Primary>

SocketConnectHost*2*=<Backup>

SocketConnectPort*2*=<Backup>

And you can continue adding more as needed, e.g.:

SocketConnectHost*3*=<DisasterRecovery>

SocketConnectPort*3*=<DisasterRecovery>

You do not need to set SessionQualifier.

--
Mike Gatny
Connamara Systems, LLC